This swiss cake roll is perfect to make and share with friends!
Swiss Cake Roll with Blueberry Cream [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup soy flour
- 2 pinch of bourbon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Filling:
- 2 teaspoons agar-agar
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 cups silken tofu (health food store)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla powder
- 200 ml of cold whipping cream plants
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a half-sheet pan first with cooking spray or vegetable shortening then with parchment paper across the bottom of the pan. For the dough mix sugar, flour, soy flour, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl. Add 100 ml of cold water, vinegar and oil to and whisk all the ingredients with the hand mixer on highest speed for about 1 minute.
- Put the dough on the sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cake is sponge-y to the touch.
- While the cake is baking. Place a clean dish towel on your working surface. Dust the towel with 3 tbsp sugar.
- Immediately upon removing the cake from the oven, invert it onto the towel you have prepared. Remove the top parchment paper carefully. Then roll the cake while it’s still hot. Let it cool completely (wrapped in the towel) .
- Place the agar-agar and 70 ml of cold water into a small pan, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Then leave to cool with stirring. Wash the lemon with hot water and zesting the lemon and squeeze out the juice. Puree the Tofu with powdered sugar, vanilla powder, lemon juice and zest. Add the agar-agar and beat the cream.
- Beat the whipping cream as well and add to the cream. When the cake is completely cool, unroll the cake, and top it with the cream.
- Wash the berries and add to the cream. Re-roll the cake without the towel. Wrap the towel around the rolled cake and tighten it lightly.
- Chill the roll in refrigerator for 5 hour or better leave it overnight.