This smoky dip is the perfect addition to your appetizer rotation!
Sweet & Smokey Baba Ghanoush [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet & Smokey Baba Ghanoush [Vegan]
For the Baba Ghanoush:
- 1 medium (about 1 pound) eggplant, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar (or dark maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
How to Prepare Sweet & Smokey Baba Ghanoush [Vegan]
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Line a 15 x 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To roast the eggplant; Place the eggplant halves down on the prepared baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Roast the eggplant until the insides are very tender, about 40 minutes.
- To make the baba ghanoush; Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and transfer it to a strainer to drain excess moisture. Discard the skins.
- Add the drained eggplant flesh, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, miso paste, coconut nectar, smoked paprika, and cumin to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with crudité, pita bread or pita chips and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.