A delicious taco made with a filling black bean purée, creamy avocado, crispy sweet potatoes, and topped with a cooling mint-cilantro salsa! A crazy good taco that is anything but traditional. Sweet potatoes, black beans and avocados together provide that signature satiating feeling that so often comes from tacos.
Sweet Potato Tacos With Mint-Cilantro Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tacos:
- 5 pieces of corn tortilla
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
For the Mint-Cilantro Sauce:2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/4 red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes into small, bite-size cubes. Place in a non-stick baking pan and toss the cumin, sea salt, chili flakes, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil together and massage into the sweet potatoes. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning half way.
- In the meantime, make the black bean purée. Simply drain and rinse the black beans and blend with the garlic clove and two tablespoons of water in the food processor until it becomes smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Now prepare the salsa by adding all the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until chopped but still chunky.
- When the sweet potatoes are crispy, take them out of the oven and make the tacos. Start by smearing two tablespoons of the black bean purée onto a warmed tortilla, then add the sweet potatoes, slices of avocado, and mint salsa.