When the days get shorter and colder, a bowl of hot soup like this sweet potato soup is te perfect thing to warm you up. Not only is this recipe easy to make but it also combines the richness of a potato soup with the healthy boost of kale and creamy coconut milk. Apples add a unique sweetness that is balanced out by the tanginess of the onions and the toasted pine nuts on top add a desirable crunch. Trust us, there is nothing better than this soup on a gloomy day.
Sweet Potato Soup With Kale and Crunchy Pine Nuts [Vegan]
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 4 handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 apples, chopped
- Salt, pepper, and curry powder, to taste (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- Start out with preparing the ingredients. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Wash and chop the kale, onion, and apples.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the sweet potato dices and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, onion, and apples to the saucepan. Season with salt, pepper, and curry powder according to taste. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts in a frying pan.
- Serve the stew hot with a good amount of the roasted pine nuts.