With sweet potato, quinoa, and gluten-free bread crumbs, these flavorful burgers will leave you full and satisfied. They're baked, then broiled to give them that extra crispiness that pairs perfectly with crunchy cabbage, guac, and greens. This recipe makes a large batch at around ten burgers, so it's perfect for when you need to serve a crowd or for when you're cooking for future meals.
Sweet Potato, Quinoa, and Cilantro Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato, Quinoa, and Cilantro Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 2/3 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
For the Topping:
- A dusting of oats
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Sweet Potato, Quinoa, and Cilantro Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with oil.
- Into a small bowl, combine the chia seeds with water. Stir well and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the burger and using your hands, combine the mixture well.
- Now, add the chia mixture and stir well one last time.
- Shape the burgers. You should be able to make about 10 large patties.
- Once shaped, dust with olive oil and oats.
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes and finish on oven "broil" setting at 525°F for 5-ish minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- Serve the burgers however you like.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.