There is a reason that we all love that sweet potato goodness; they are arguably one of the most nourishing vegetables out there. They are delicious, filling, and packed with enough energy to keep you going up throughout the day. These burgers are no exception.
Sweet Potato Maui Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 cup Baked Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed (1 medium sweet potato)
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- Green Onion
- 1 teaspoons Agar
- 1/4 cup GF Panko
- 1 tbsp GF teriyaki
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free teriyaki
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated (about 1-2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tsp GF teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- Sliced pineapple
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Teriyaki sriracha-lime mayo
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the reserved pineapple juice, Teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- On the side, create a slurry with cornstarch by adding 1 tablespoon of water and whisk until your slurry is homogenous.
- When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to a slow simmer stirring constantly. Add the slurry and continue to simmer till the sauce has thickened.
- Add sweet potato, green onion, and teriyaki into the blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the rice, walnuts, agar, panko, and stir until combined. Let sit and put in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Shape your burgers patties into 4in round patties by 1 1/2 in thick on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then brush on your teriyaki sauce on the top. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip over your burger and brush on some more of the teriyaki sauce and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- While your burgers are baking, prepare you sriracha-lime mayo by mixing all the ingredients.
- Serve on your fav GF buns. Top with shredded cabbage, pineapple slice and sriracha-lime mayo.