This Sweet Potato Macro Bowl has the perfect balance of carbs, fat, and protein, and is packed with a ton of micronutrients. If you’re not a fan of sweet potatoes, feel free to sub it out for any other starchy carb like purple potatoes, regular white potatoes, extra brown rice, unrefined pasta, or any carb you like!
Sweet Potato Macro Bowl [Vegan]
For the Sweet Potato:
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Bowl:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 package hearts of palm pasta, can sub for any other type of noodle
- 3 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon filtered water add more if the mixture is too thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoon umami powder
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400°F. Wash your sweet potato and cut into circular shapes or cubes if you prefer. Add to a bowl and toss with the avocado oil, paprika, garlic, and sea salt. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a dish. if the mixture is too thick, add a touch more water. if it's too thin for your liking, add another teaspoon of tahini.
- Cook the brown rice, drain and rinse the chickpeas and hearts of palm pasta, shred the purple cabbage, and thinly slice the watermelon radish.
- Evenly arrange ingredients into 2 bowls and serve with the dressing or put in an airtight container for up to 5 days.