This Sweet Potato Ginger Coconut Soup is warm, with the velvety sweet potato, zingy, with the ginger, and comforting, with the coconut milk. Everyone loves this soup.
Sweet Potato, Ginger and Coconut Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger (cut into small pieces)
- 6 cups sweet potato (diced)
- 1 litre water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a big pot, heat the olive oil and add the leeks. Cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and coat in the lovely, flavoured oil.
- Add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to the boil and turn it down to a simmer. Add the vegetable stock cube.
- Add the coconut milk. Cook for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are very soft.
- Blend in a blender, or with a hand blender, until smooth and silky.
- Season with salt and pepper.