This baked sweet potato falafel is crispy and super flavorful! It's also full of nutrients and perfect for prepping ahead. Made with sweet potato, chickpeas, and a delicious blend of seasonings, sweet potato will keep you full and satisfied. They're also quite easy to make––you have to try them!
Sweet Potato Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for roasting sweet potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing falafels
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into cubes.
- Coat the sweet potato cubes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Once the sweet potato has cooled, place into a food processor along with the chickpeas, chickpea flour, spices, and chopped herbs.
- Blend into a smooth mixture. Using your hands, form the mixture into around 20 balls, and place them onto the baking tray.
- Brush the falafels with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove the falafels from the oven once the edges are golden brown. Let them cool and enjoy!