This recipe for sweet potato falafel burgers is incredible. It’s like if sweet potato and falafel had a baby – bright orange, crunchy, delicious baby. These burgers are easy to make and have fantastic texture and flavor.
Sweet Potato Falafel Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- A dash cinnamon
- 1 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 4 ciabatta buns
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the sweet potato, chickpeas, and garlic in a food processor along with the dry spices, hot sauce, and maple syrup. Process until the mixture is mostly smooth but still a bit chunky.
- Transfer the mix to a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and stir the mixture to combine.
- Form the mixture into four patties and coat each patty with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them for 25 minutes. Flip the burgers halfway through.
- Slice the ciabatta buns and toast them lightly you want.
- Build your burgers with the suggested toppings or go wild and experiment with different flavor combinations.
The suggested topping are: parsley hummus, tomato, lettuce, onion, tahini, and hot sauce