This is perfect for breakfast on-the-go! The seasonal sweet potatoes combined with the chocolate and the oats make for an indulgent, dessert-like breakfast that helps you start your day with lots of healthy carbs for lasting energy.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Handful of vegan, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined. (Alternatively, you can puree ingredients together in a food processor).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sweet potato puree, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Add dry ingredients to mix ingredients and stir until combined. (Or process them all together).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin and bake for 20-23 minutes.