This chili is so warming and delicious! The fresh cilantro and protein-rich black beans make for a satisfying combination perfectly mixed into a sweet potato base.
High Protein Sweet Potato Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1, 25-ounce can black beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped and extra to garnish
- Optional toppings: avocado, quinoa, etc
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Add avocado oil and onion and sauté for 8 minutes until translucent. Add sweet potatoes, garlic, and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Mash most of them with the potato masher, add 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and beans to heat through - about 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional cilantro, avocado and optional over quinoa.