This sweet potato casserole is a little sweet, a little salty, and super nourishing for you. The tender sweet potato cubes and warm bursts of cranberries are balanced out with crunchy almonds and a generous sprinkle of salt. This tasty entrée also has a unique medley of flavors from fresh rosemary and ground ginger to maple syrup and vegan butter. But don't worry, it all melds together beautifully under the crunchy roof of berry oat granola. Yum!
Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Oat Topping [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Oat Topping [Vegan]
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup almonds, chopped roughly
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups berry granola of your choice
- 1/2 cup flour
How to Prepare Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Oat Topping [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a a large mixing bowl, mix the sweet potato, cranberries, almonds, ground ginger, salt, rosemary, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or vegan butter. Stir well to combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix granola with flour, a 1/2 cup of coconut oil or vegan butter, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Coat the inside of a casserole dish thoroughly with coconut oil or vegan butter. Transfer sweet potatoes and cranberries mixture to casserole, and spread evenly. Top with berry granola crumble mixture (trying to coat the yams as evenly as possible).
- Cover with tin foil. Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Test the sweet potatoes for doneness – if they are easily pierced through with a fork, remove from oven; if not, uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve immediately.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.