Tender sweet potatoes, tangy tomatoes, rich red lentils, and creamy coconut milk… this curry is lush with flavor. Served over a bed of brown rice, it's not only flavorful, but hearty and filling. Indian soul food deliciousness!
Sweet Potato and Tomato Red Lentil Dal [Vegan]
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Brown rice, for serving
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. In a large pot, bring vegetable broth to boil and add the sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, coconut sugar, and all the spices. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer covered about 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Rinse red lentils and add into the pot with coconut milk. Let simmer for additional 15 minutes or until the lentils have fully cooked and vegetables appear soft. Serve with lots of brown rice.