This coconut cauliflower rice has a natural sweet flavor from coconut oil, turmeric, and paprika without added sugar. It's a great recipe for anybody grain-free who wants a side that they can serve with practically anything. This pairs perfectly with Middle Eastern dishes, hot and spicy curries, or any fragrant dish.
Sweet Coconut Cauliflower Rice [Vegan]
- 1 head of cauliflower, about 5 cups riced
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Using a box grater, grate the florets off of 1 head of cauliflower. Dice 1 cup worth of yellow onion.
- Combine the cauliflower, onion, coconut oil and seasoning in a pan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft and tender and then you're ready to serve.