There's nothing like a big bowl of rice and veggies to keep you full and satisfied — and you can be so versatile with the flavors. With sweet pineapple and spicy sauce, this sweet and sour sticky rice is a tasty Thai-inspired dish. This easy-breezy recipe is something the whole family will love and the cooking takes only 30 minutes!
Sweet and Sour Pineapple Sticky Rice [Vegan]
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- kernels of one corn cob
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Start by heating the olive oil to medium heat. Add the diced sweet potato and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pineapple, red bell pepper and corn kernels, stir well to combine and keep cooking for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar, ketchup, tamari soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice, then stir well to combine. Let simmer covered for about five minutes. Add the brown rice and stir well combine. Serve with some fresh lime.