Every decade has its popular foods, and with the beginning of the twenty tens the phenomenon of the little bliss balls emerged. Also known as protein balls, dough balls, energy balls, protein truffles, or the super cute version: amaze balls. This version is all vegan, lactose-free, grain-free, and gluten-free. They are made of mostly nuts (any) and seeds for a major protein boost.
Superpower Protein Balls [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups of mixed nuts (You can use almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts.)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin pepitas
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxeeds
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder (use closer to half a cup if you want a stronger vanilla flavor)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (use more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/3 cup of almond spread
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- The dough should not be too dry or sticky.
- Shape mixture into balls.
- Keep in a glass container in the fridge for up to two weeks or store in freezer for up to four months.
If you are missing any of the nuts, seeds or nut butter ingredients simply replace with an ingredient you have. This recipe is not set in stone except that it doesn't use any coconut oil or dried fruits.