These Super Power Bars are loaded with superfoods to keep you going when you need a pick-me-up. They also make a great to-go breakfast or post-workout snack. These gluten-free vegan bars make a super meal replacement and are a healthier option than commercial protein bars.
Super Power Bars [Vegan]
- 4 cup Gluten-free Rolled Oats or Regular Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Nut Butter, Almond, Pecan, Walnut, Cashew, or 100% Peanut, Peanut Butter, nothing else added but salt okay
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Black-strap Molasses
- 3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Nibs or Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Goji Berries or Dried Cranberries or Tart Cherries
- 1/2 cup Dried Currants, Raisins or Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Raw Brazil Nuts or Walnuts, Almonds, or Cashews
- 1/2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds or Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Add oil, molasses, and syrup to saucepan.
- Warm over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer while you mix other ingredients.
- In the meantime, chop nuts of your choice and add to a large bowl along with the oats, cacao nibs, goji berries, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix ingredients well. Add nut butter to saucepan and mix until incorporated into the syrup mixture.
- Remove from heat and mix into dry ingredients in bowl. The mixture will be sticky, once it cools you may want to mix everything together with your hands.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with all-natural waxed paper.
- Add power bar mixture into pan, on top of waxed paper. Press down into an even layer. Cover with another piece of wax paper and continue pressing mixture into pan until even across the top. You can use a flat bottomed glass to press the mix into the pan.
- Refrigerate just until firm. If you refrigerate too long, bars will be too hard to cut.
- Cut bars evenly, you can use a ruler. Wrap each bar in a piece of parchment paper and secure with twine. Store bars in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before eating.
Total Calories: 5783 | Total Carbs: 694 g | Total Fat: 311 g | Total Protein: 179 g | Total Sodium: 868 g | Total Sugar: 349 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Recipe looks great. Does not say what size to cut these to make one "meal replacement" serving.
Great Recipe, thankyou. I added about a 1/2 cup of coconut flour instead of the 4th cup of oats. Oh and some dark chocolate pieces!