If your brunch has been missing a special something, look no further than this amazing quiche! Fragrant spices, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and an assortment of fresh veggies make this dish unforgettable.
Sun-Dried Tomato Olive and Veggie Quiche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sun-Dried Tomato Olive and Veggie Quiche [Vegan]
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan butter (solid, cold)
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu, pressed to remove the water
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Olive and Veggie Quiche [Vegan]
For the crust:
- Start by sifting all purpose flour and salt into a bowl or a food processor.
- Cut in the cold vegan butter either by blitzing in your food processor or by hand with a pastry cutter, you’ll know when you’re done when the flour looks like the consistency of sand.
- Add in your iced water and either blitz again until combined in the food processor, or work in by hand – making sure to work the dough as little as possible so as not to melt the butter.
- Flour your work surface and carefully knead the pie dough until the just comes together.
- Set this in a tupperware or glass container and chill in your fridge overnight or for at least an hour.
- This dough recipe makes 2 pie crusts.
For the quiche:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Flour your work surface and remove your pre-made pie dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll out your pie dough until it is just larger than the circumference of your pie dish.
- Roll the dough onto your rolling pin and then gently lay the dough over and into your pie dish. Press the sides and edges of the dough into the tin before cutting off any excess. You can use the excess dough to fill in any thin or patchy spots.
- Cover your pie dough with a piece of parchment paper and fill the parchment paper with baking beans or uncooked beans.
- Bake this pie dough for 12 minutes while you prep your other ingredients.
- Prep all your veggies.
- In a pan on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and begin frying your onions.
- Once your onions are fragrant add in your mushrooms and garlic, cooking until the mushrooms are browned and have released their moisture – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remainder of your veggies (except your green onions) to the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes before removing from the heat.
- In a blender or food processor add your tofu, chickpea flour, almond milk, olive oil, spices, and baking powder – blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Try to avoid adding excess moisture to this mixture as you blend.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked vegetables (and green onions) and your blended tofu mixture.
- Pour this mixture into your pre-baked pie crust and preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Bake this quiche for 30 minutes or until the top looks slightly browned and cracked.
- Allow to cool for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Bon appétit!
- This recipe will keep in the fridge for a week if stored in proper containers.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 211 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 9 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 400 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.