Rice paper, while thin and not of particularly bold flavor, is a fun, affordable, visually-pleasing, and versatile tool for makes eating veggies more interesting. These beautiful spring rolls are perfect for when you're craving a light, fruity, and nutritious snack. The pink dragon fruit whipped cream makes this treat all the more playful and delicious!
Summer Fruit Spring Rolls [Vegan]
For the Spring Rolls:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 5-6 large strawberries, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 cup blackberries
- 10 rice papers
- 3 sprigs mint
- 3 sprigs basil
For the Pink Dragon Fruit Whipped Cream:
- 2 13-ounce cans of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 of 1 12-ounce package of defrosted pink dragon fruit
To Make the Rolls:
- Fill a large pot or pie pan with warm water. Submerge one of the rice papers in the water and allow to soak until rice paper has softened and is pliable, about 2 to 3 seconds. Carefully remove it with two hands and place it on a plate. Place fruit mixture onto each roll with fresh mint or basil.
- To roll, fold the edge nearest to you over the filling, then fold sides towards center and roll until closed.
To Make the Dragon Fruit Whipped Cream:
- Place only the solid coconut in the bowl of a standing mixer. Gradually add the other ingredients, whip until smooth, about 3 minutes, place in refrigerator until ready to be served.