These brownies are perfect to make when you've got some extra pumpkin puree on hand. Not only are these brownies delicious, but the streusel topping takes them to the next level.
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1 package of brownie mix
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, pumpkin puree, applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oil.
- Fold the macadamia nuts into the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and sugar together
- Add in the melted butter until it forms into crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the brownie batter.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Cut into square shapes and serve.