Snack cake falls somewhere between a cake and a muffin. It's less sweet and slightly denser than a traditional cake, but it's sweeter and lighter than a muffin. Snack cake is the perfect sweet treat that won't leave you in a sugar coma. This Strawberry Lemonade Snack Cake is fantastic!
Strawberry Lemonade Snack Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberry powder 1 whole 1 oz package
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plant milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x9 or 8x8 pan by greasing it with coconut oil and flouring the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, milk, lemon zest and juice, and melted coconut oil.
- Into the sifter over the same bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and freeze-dried strawberry powder. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet, pushing any freeze-dried strawberry chunks through the sifter. Stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. The batter will be thick. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the glaze: Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon zest, juice, coconut milk, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Pour over cooled cake and spread out with a spatula. Let glaze set before slicing and serving.