This is such a rich in flavor oatmeal, wow! The ricotta and strawberry complement the lemon perfectly!
Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 5-10 diced and hulled strawberries, fresh recommended
- juice and zest from one lemon (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon vegan ricotta of choice
- Bring milk to a boil, add oats and strawberries, and reduce heat to medium.
- After a couple minutes, stir in your lemon juice and zest, and salt. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, add maple syrup to taste, between 1-3 teaspoons.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, carefully swirl or fold in ricotta.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, more fresh strawberries if desired, and any other additional toppings (nuts, coconut, dried fruit, etc.).