My endless passion for almond butter knows no bounds. So enfatuated am I that recently, upon scooping some strawberry frozen yogurt for my dessert, a borderline obscene idea struck me… What if I dipped my cone into my jar of almond butter?
Strawberry Froyo [Vegan]
- 2 heaped cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups plain or vanilla soy yogurt
- 2-4 Medjool dates, soaked in water for an hour to soften, then pitted and chopped
- A pinch of stevia or tiny drizzle of maple syrup
- Blend all the ingredients until they form a smooth but thick liquid.
- Freeze for at least one hour (your freezer temperature may be different, so do keep checking that the yogurt has solidified)
- or if you plan or storing it for longer, stir the yogurt every half hour for a total period of 3 hours, then leave it in the freezer. This method beats air into the froyo, preventing it from turning it into a solid block of ice.
Variations: Swirl some melted nut butter or plain soy yogurt through the froyo after about an hour in the freezer, then leave it be for a bit longer so all the flavours can set together.