The sauce is to die for and the crunchy cashews, roasted cauliflower, chewy, baked tofu and popping peas combine to make the perfect stir fry. Serve over rice or quinoa with sesame seeds, chopped scallions or red pepper flakes (optional) to garnish.
Sticky Cashew Cauliflower [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sticky Cashew Cauliflower [Vegan]
To Make the Baked Tofu:
- 1 block of tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2/3 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
To Make the Rest of the Bowl:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cups frozen peas
- Cooked rice or quinoa (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Scallions (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
How to Prepare Sticky Cashew Cauliflower [Vegan]
To Make the Tofu:
- Pre-heat your oven to 325°F.
- Press the tofu using a tofu press or by placing something heavy on top for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch squares and place into a bowl.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread onto a pan and cook for about 40 minutes turning once at the halfway mark.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
To Make the Rest of the Bowl:
- Turn your oven up to 450°F.
- Lightly oil a pan and spread out your cauliflower florets evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cauliflower edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, pressed garlic, sesame oil, grated ginger, and water in a saucepan. Heat to boiling while frequently whisking.
- Meanwhile, mix your cornstarch and 3 tablespoons cold water in a small dish.
- When your sauce comes to a boil, add your cornstarch mix and reduce heat to medium until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add your cashews. Toast while stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes until they start to brown.
Add your sauce, cauliflower and baked tofu to the skillet with the cashews. Add your peas and stir to combine.
- Optional: serve over rice or quinoa with sesame seeds, chopped scallions or red pepper flakes to garnish.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 495 | Carbs: 53 g | Fat: 24 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 207 mg | Sugar: 33 g Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.