This dessert recipe for stewed cherries with rosemary is crazy easy, and so good, but the only caveat is that it can take some time to pit the cherries. Try some atop a piece of cake or accompanying a scoop of dairy-free ice cream!
Stewed Cherries With Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Stewed Cherries With Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 cups pitted cherries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
How to Prepare Stewed Cherries With Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the cherries feel soft and have released a lot of their juice, about 6-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cherries to a large bowl, leaving the cherry juice in the saucepan.
- Bring the juice back to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer it gently until it is reduced by 2/3 and looks like syrup, about 15-20 minutes, depending on the juiciness of the cherries.
- Add the cherries back to the pan and reheat gently before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.