I am in love with sweet potatoes. They are excellent for your brain and eye health, as well as overall wellness. Basil is called The Sacred Goddess Herb and is thought to be the embodiment of femininity and holiness itself, tomato is great for the prostate (holla to the males out there), and the whole recipe is just freaking yummy altogether... so make it.
Steamed Sweet Potatoes With Wild Rice and Tomato Chili Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced and steamed until soft and tender
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Mix the sauce into your rice and sweet potatoes in a bowl, then top with basil leaves and enjoy!