I absolutely love this recipe! It is whole-foods, plant-based and so delicious. I packed in as many fresh, in-season spring produce I could think of – I like my salads fully loaded. And if you are a salad lover like me, you with love this recipe as much as I do.
Spring Veggie Farro Fritters [Vegan]
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp mashed avocado
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 oz) container of baby spring mix
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 pound asparagus, stalks trimmed off, cut remaining stalks and tips into 2-inch pieces
- 4 large radishes,thin sliced
- 1/4 cup smooth tahini
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground flaxseed and 9 tablespoons water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine onions and next 8 ingredients. Stir in the flaxseed mixture and season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 12 equal patties. Arrange patties onto prepared baking sheet. Bake the fritters until golden brown, about 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through the baking time.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add peas and asparagus tips and blanch for 3 minutes until bright green and slightly tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth.
- To assemble the salad:
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the spring mix, radish, peas and asparagus. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top. Toss until fully coated. Divide salad equally among four plates or bowls. Arrange four fritters on each plate. Drizzle remaining dressing on top. Serve Immediately.