Multi-colored veggies are used to create a dish that's not only beautiful, but also delicious. The real beauty of these is that you can swap out the veggies for other colorful veggies of your liking, such as red and golden beets. These are perfect as part of a main course, topped with vegan cheese.
Spiral Eggplant and Zucchini Veggie Tart [Vegan]
- 1 vegan puff pastry
- 1 large zucchini
- 4 large carrots
- 1 small eggplant
- 2/3 cup of cashews, preferably soaked
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as sage, rosemary, and thyme)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 squares and press them into your baking forms. Prick pastry with a fork a few times.
- Add cashews, nutritional yeast, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of pies.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler cut carrots, halved zucchini and halved aubergine into long and thin strips. For a pretty result, cut vegetable slices into similar height.
- Roll a slice of veggie into a tight spiral and place in the center of the tart. Wrap that in a slice of an other veggie and then with the third type. Continue to wrap in a spiral, until reaching the edge of the dish. Don't forget to alternate your vegetables.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (or an hour if you use a bigger dish).