This recipe will give you the perfect party snack. The wilted spinach and artichoke hearts are sautéed with garlic, tossed in a creamy mixture of vegan cream cheese and mayo, and then grilled between two tortillas. These quesadillas are dangerously addictive and guaranteed to be a hit in any setting you serve them.
Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas [Vegan]
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté it for 1 minute, stirring it frequently. Add the artichoke hearts and 2 cups of baby spinach. Stir them a bit to combine everything and cook them until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add cream cheese, mayo, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to pan and stir to them to combine. Heat everything through and set the mixture aside.
- Place a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and fill it with half of the spinach artichoke mixture and an additional 1/2 cup of baby spinach. Make sure to keep the mixture on only half of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half and cook it until bottom begins to brown. Flip it and cook it until the other side is browned as well.
- Remove from the pan and repeat this with remaining ingredients. Slice them up as you like.