For a hearty meal that only takes a half hour to make, look no further than this spinach and bean casserole. It's loaded with iron and protein and is drenched in delicious tomatoey goodness. Serve with fresh coriander sprinkled on top and with some crusty bread to soak up all the tasty juices!
Spinach and Bean Chipotle Casserole [Vegan]
- 2 14-ounce cans of white beans
- 1 1/8 cup spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 14-ounce cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 chipotle
- Juice of 2 limes
- A bunch of coriander
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry finely chopped onion, crushed garlic with paprika, and cumin until golden and soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, bulgur, spinach, and water. Add oregano and crushed chipotle.
- Bring to boil. Cook over medium heat until bulgur is cooked and liquid has thickened, around 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Pour them on top of spinach mixture.
- Cook for another 3 minutes or so until the beans are hot.
- Add lime juice. Season to taste.