If you want a change of pace and a little spice to your regular twice baked potatoes, these Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes are just for you! They are very flavorful with the spices of turmeric and cumin and a little spicy from red pepper flakes. This recipe uses two potatoes, which could be a meal for two or a side dish for four. And don’t worry if you won’t have or want to use regular white potatoes…I’ve made this with sweet potatoes too and it’s just as good! Traditional twice baked potatoes are usually filled with dairy…cheese, sour cream, yogurt and butter. This healthy version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo
Spicy Turmeric Twice-Baked Potatoes [Vegan]
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 garlic cloves, freshly crushed
- 1 teaspoon shallots, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Poke the outsides of the potato with a fork and bake in the oven at 350°F for approximately 2 hours, or until cooked.
- Slice the potatoes in half and using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the potatoes (being careful not to tear or damage the potato skins) and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 and scoop it back into the potato skins.
- Return to oven for approximately 10 minutes, or long enough to warm them back up.