Indo-Chinese food has a myriad of offerings that will titillate your taste buds. However, nothing can compete with the taste of noodles cooked in spicy Szechuan sauce. This recipe is simple, delicious, and very easy to make.
Spicy Szechuan Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 12-ounce package egg-free Chinese noodles
- Water, as required
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons Szechuan sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Spring onions or chives for garnish
- Follow the instruction on the back of your noodle packet but subtract 2-3 minutes from the recommended cook time. Drain and rinse the noodles in cold water immediately. Drizzle few drops of sesame oil over the noodles and set them aside .
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add finely chopped garlic and thin slices of onions to the oil. Cook for 30 seconds. Next, add the vegetables and sauté them for 1 minute. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables; they should be crunchy.
- Add Szechuan sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and ketchup. Mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to the sauce and gently toss them together, careful not to break the noodles. Sprinkle in the spring onions and then turn off the flame.
For best results serve spicy schezwan noodles immediately.
- Asian Sauce Recipes