Spicy spaghetti with beans and vegetables is a dish that makes you full and happy without complaining. The ideal recipe, if you feel like something hearty and spicy, but still want to eat delicious vegetables!
Spicy Spaghetti with Beans and Vegetables [Vegan]
- 2 cups spaghetti (dry weight)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1/2 cup of carrots and cut into rings
- 2/3 cup celery and diced
- 1 red pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can / glass of kidney beans, drained off
- Non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter choice
- Seasoning salt (to taste)
- Chili (to taste)
- Paprika powder, sweet or spicy (to taste)
- Fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Bourbon vanilla, ground (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for a few minutes. Then add the carrots and fry for a few minutes. Finally add the celery, the peppers and the kidney beans and cook until the vegetables are lightly roasted.
Add a little bit of herbal drink bit by bit and let it simmer for the slightest heat (up to 45 minutes, depending on how you want your vegetables). To do this, always add some vegetable drink, so that nothing burns and a sauce-like mass arises (by eye and feeling, rather always add a little less liquid, but more often). Stir regularly.
Season well with the seasoning salt, nutmeg, chili and a little paprika. Just before the end of the cooking time add the lemon juice, the pepper and optionally the ground bourbon vanilla. The sauce thickens quite quickly, so be careful that it is not too thick when serving (so please add some liquid shortly before serving).
About 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time of the sauce, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions and sift.
Serve the sauce either separately or mix in the spaghetti. Possibly. Decorate with fresh parsley and serve immediately.