Simple, creamy, cheesy, these potatoes are everything you want inside, with cheese. The potatoes are crisp outside, spiced with cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper, and fluffy on the inside. They're served with a drizzle (or more) of spicy vegan nacho cheese and a dollop of cool vegan sour cream to balance out the heat.
Spicy Potato Wedges With Nacho Cheese [Vegan]
For the Potato Wedges:
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan nacho cheese sauce
- Vegan sour cream
For the Topping:
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- Diced Red Pepper, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 355°F and have a baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, combine your potato wedges with oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, and dried parsley. Season liberally with salt and pepper, and then toss everything until all the seasoning has been evenly distributed on the potato wedges.
- Once everything has been mixed well, transfer wedges to a baking sheet and make sure they are placed on the baking sheet in a single row. You want your wedges to roast, not steam.
- Pop into the oven for 35 minutes, giving the wedges a turn halfway through the cooking process.
- While the wedges are in the oven, prepare your Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce and Homemade Sour Cream.
- After 35 minutes, check that your wedges are done, check that they are cooked through and tender. If they aren't, let them bake for another 10 minutes. When they are done, serve with prepared sauces (drizzle them on if you wish) and garnish with coriander and diced pepper.