Here is a lovely and flavorful mushroom stir fry. All you have to do is sauté baby bella mushrooms with a melange of different spices over medium heat. It's that simple. Put this mushroom stir fry over rice, noodles, veggies, or whatever else you'd like. It's a truly delightful dish.
Spicy Mushroom Stir Fry With Garlic, Black Pepper, and Chives [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Mushroom Stir Fry With Garlic, Black Pepper, and Chives [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (my addition)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 coarsely crushed red chilies
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pods of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thickly sliced or quartered baby bella mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives (optional)
- 1/2 lime (optional)
How to Prepare Spicy Mushroom Stir Fry With Garlic, Black Pepper, and Chives [Vegan]
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 1 minute and add in the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds and wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle.
- Add in the dried red chilies and the red onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions wilt and begin to turn slightly crisp at the edges.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 4 minutes, adding in the salt.
- Add in the ground black pepper and the cilantro and chives and mix well.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and serve. This dish makes a wonderful side dish with almost anything.
Recipe Adapted from Indian Inspired Gluten-Free Cooking Alamelu Vairavan and Margaret Pfeiffer Hippocrene Books (2013)
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 395 | Total Carbs: 28 g | Total Fat: 27 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 81 g | Total Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.