These will be the easiest burgers you ever make. Made from black beans and oats, they come together in 11 minutes, tops, making them perfect for busy weeknights. These can also be prepped in big batches ahead of time and then frozen to make mealtime even more convenient. Serve with spicy vegan nacho cheese and sliced bell peppers on your favorite burger bun or try them in a tortilla.
Spicy Mexican Black Bean Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded
- 1 small red chili, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Vegan nacho cheese
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and purée until smooth.
- Spoon approximately 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into a frying pan and shape into a burger with the back of a spoon.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make about 8 burgers.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, flip, and fry on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve in a tortilla with avocado, pepper, parsley (or cilantro, if you love it), and a vegan nacho cheese sauce.