Spicy Dark Chocolate Brownies are gluten-free making them perfect for everyone! They are a delicious combo of spicy and sweet.
Spicy Dark Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7-ounces organic dark chocolate (or 1 cup chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (or any gluten-free flour)
- 4 chia eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder (adjust to your taste, I usually go up to
- 1/2 teaspoon depending on the strength of the cayenne)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and chocolate into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir until mixed with a wooden spoon. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the chia egg substitute, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour, chili, cayenne, salt, and mix well. Fold in mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs if using.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and pour the mixture into the pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool before removing from pan, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.