For a clean and vibrant appetizer that will energize your guests while they wait for the main meal, consider trying these spicy cucumber radish bites. The two vegetables are sliced and then joined together with a little help from cayenne-spiced beet cream. The result is a zesty and refreshing dish that tickles the palate and pleases the eye.
Spicy Cucumber Radish Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 radishes
- 1 handful of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup macadamia or cashew nuts
- 10 tablespoons beet juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Let the nuts soak for 3-4 hours in lukewarm water. Drain and rinse the nuts and then blend in a food processor with the beet juice, coconut oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- Transfer to a pastry bag and put in the freezer for 15 minutes to thicken. During this time, cut the cucumber and radishes into slices.
- To assemble, begin with a cucumber slice, squeeze a bit of the beet cream, place a piece of radish on top of the beet cream, and then add a dollop of beet cream on top of the radish slice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with parsley.