This recipe is the healthy-ish answer to your chocolate prayers. These elegant dark chocolate cups are filled with a creamy, rich mixture of tahini, almond butter, and a dash of cayenne to give them little something extra. Plus, they are really simple to make and store well in the freezer.
Spicy Chocolate Almond Butter Tahini Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Melt the chocolate using either a water bath or by sticking it in the microwave (checking it every 15 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn).
- Add the cayenne pepper and stir everything well.
- Using a mini-muffin tray and mini-muffin liners, pour 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate into each cup and turn the liner in your hand so that the bottom third of the liner is coated with chocolate.
- Place these in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
- While chocolate is hardening, mix together the almond butter, tahini paste, and the agave with a whisk (you can also use a hand mixer if you want).
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer and place a small dollop of the almond butter/tahini mix using two teaspoons for each cup.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate over each of the cups so that the almond butter-tahini ball is completely submerged and covered.
- Place back in freezer for an additional 15 minutes.