This recipe is the healthy-ish answer to your chocolate prayers. These elegant dark chocolate cups are filled with a creamy, rich mixture of tahini, almond butter, and a dash of cayenne to give them little something extra. Plus, they are really simple to make and store well in the freezer.
Spicy Chocolate Almond Butter Tahini Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Chocolate Almond Butter Tahini Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
How to Prepare Spicy Chocolate Almond Butter Tahini Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Melt the chocolate using either a water bath or by sticking it in the microwave (checking it every 15 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn).
- Add the cayenne pepper and stir everything well.
- Using a mini-muffin tray and mini-muffin liners, pour 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate into each cup and turn the liner in your hand so that the bottom third of the liner is coated with chocolate.
- Place these in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
- While chocolate is hardening, mix together the almond butter, tahini paste, and the agave with a whisk (you can also use a hand mixer if you want).
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer and place a small dollop of the almond butter/tahini mix using two teaspoons for each cup.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate over each of the cups so that the almond butter-tahini ball is completely submerged and covered.
- Place back in freezer for an additional 15 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.