This spicy vegetable rice is a very simple but flavorful dish! Garlic, onions, fennel, and wine come together to make this rice dish.
Spicy Cabbage Rice [Vegan]
- 4 cups cabbage, coarse
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 rice
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1 and 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes
- 3 and 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hot peppers
- 2 and 1/2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons fennel
- salt and pepper
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil and fry the peppers for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot, sauté for 1 minute and then add the wine. Allow the wine a few minutes to cook off.
- Pour in cabbage and water and let it boil.
- When the cabbage has started to soften, add the tomato juice, fennel and rice.
- Cook over medium heat. If the water evaporates too quickly and you need more cooking time, add water in small increments.
- In the end, salt and pepper and pour the remaining oil.