These tiny and spicy bean balls are the perfect pick-me-up snack when you crave something simple, savory, but energizing. They are filling, cheesy, soft in texture, and very delicious! These little treats also leave a lot of room for creativity since you can decorate them with a number of things from sweet paprika powder to sesame seeds!
Spicy Bean Balls With Kale [Vegan]
- 1 13.5-ounce can of cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- A handful of kale, finely chopped
- A handful of basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small green chili pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Sweet paprika powder (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Dried herbs (optional)
- Add beans, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, tahini, cayenne, coriander, paprika, chili, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until a sticky dough forms. Add kale and basil, and process just so they are mixed in evenly.
- Roll the mix into bite size balls. If you'd like, decorate with paprika powder, sesame seeds or dried herbs.