Healthy, delicious, and easy to make. These Crispy Sweet Potato cakes are tender and fluffy on the inside and delightfully crispy on the outside. They're made with a few simple ingredients and seasoned with za'atar spice. These wholesome cakes are held together with oat flour, coconut oil, and egg replacer.
Spiced Up-Sweet Potato Kale Cakes [Vegan]
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded (small-medium sized sweet potatoes)
- egg replacer for 1 egg
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped kale, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup oat flour (finely grounded whole oats)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Za'atar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add shredded sweet potatoes, kale, onion powder, za'atar, paprika, salt, and garlic and mix to combine. Note: You can adjust the seasonings to your taste or preference.
- Add egg replacer, stir to combine then add oat flour. Mix thoroughly then pour in the garlic-infused coconut oil and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a nonstick baking sheet. Scoop approximately 1/4 Cup of the sweet potato mixture and gently form it into patties/ cakes. Note: You can wet your hands to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, this will also help to properly form the cakes.
- Place the cakes onto your baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until they have browned, fully cooked, and crisped up. You can also remove halfway through baking to flip.