These spice spice granola bars are full of both nutrition and flavor! The recipe calls to include all your favorite granola bar fillings, and you can get creative with how you cut the shapes of these delicious snacks!
Spice Spice Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond, nut, or seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, sugar, nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Warm the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla in a pot on medium low heat for a couple of minutes until homogenous, or microwave the mixture for 60 seconds. Add it to the oat blend, together with the dates, and coconut oil. Stir until well combined and sticky.
- Line an 8 X 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on either side. Pack the mixture into the pan, pressing firmly until flattened and tightly packed.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the oats are golden brown. Remove from the oven, lift the parchment paper out of the tray, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. The bars should be crisp and flaky. Transfer to a plate or cutting board and slice into squares or rectangles. Or let your kids decide what shape they like best!
- Enjoy right away, store in an airtight container for 5 days, or freeze for longer use