You might even have everything you need in your kitchen now to make this super easy spelt Linzer cookies. You’ll just need berry jam, spelt flour, sugar, vegan butter, icing sugar, lemon zest, vanilla sugar, egg-replacer, salt and lemon zest. Easy-peasy!
Spelt Linzer Cookies With Fruit Jam Center [Vegan]
- 2 2/3 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 1/5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 vegan egg
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar-free jam of your choice
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients for the cookie dough. Form the dough unto a rough disk shape and wrap it in cling film. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- Roll the dough out to a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Use a linzer cookie cutter to cut half shapes with holes and half without. If you don’t have a linzer cutter, use a round or square cutter and then cut small holes out of the center (if you don’t have a cookie cutter that small, find a lid from a bottle).
- Transfer the cut outs to parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown. Cool the cookies for a couple of minutes before spreading about a teaspoon of jam on the inverted bottom halves of the sandwich pair. Dust powdered sugar over the top cookies.