Enjoy this comforting and beautiful dish with the pasta of your choice! The spices and hearty texture makes this an excellent meal on a cold day.
Spaghetti Bolognese [Vegan]
- 2 cups of mushroom
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (may be omitted)
- 3/4 cup of red lentils
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 carrots
- 2 stems of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sweet peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Bring onions, garlic and all the other vegetables in a food processor and chop it well.
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat, add a little olive oil and cook the vegetables for 5 minutes,
- Add tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, walnuts, and spices, mix together and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, lentils, and broth.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook while preparing the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Taste the bolognese, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pasta in bowls, top with bolognese and sprinkle with vegan parmesan and fresh herbs.