This cookie, is that it’s quick, easy, features pantry staples, requires no vegan egg, uses coconut oil, vegan marshmallows, and stevia sweetened chocolate, they are buttery soft, take only 10 minutes to bake, are perfect for any season, and just such an iconic cookie!
Soft Baked S’mores Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid but scoop-able
- 1 and 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (room temp)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add in the almond milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, stir until ingredients are combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows saving some for the tops.
- Scoop three tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookies for spreading. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.