The most common way to serve soba noodles in Japan is in soup. This soup with mushrooms and Chinese cabbage is an easy recipe that you can prepare with noodles.
Soba Noodle Soup With Mushrooms [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Soba Noodle Soup With Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 3 1/2-ounces dry soba noodles
- 6 white button mushrooms
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 6 oyster mushrooms
- 1 bunch of Chinese cabbage (pak choy)
- 1/2-inch of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1 stream of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 liter of homemade vegetable broth
How to Prepare Soba Noodle Soup With Mushrooms [Vegan]
- Put the soba noodles in a pot in an abundant amount of water without adding salt. Bring the water to a boil and keep the boil for about 5-6 minutes (or more depending on the brand of the noodles, read the package instructions just in case).
- Meanwhile, prepare a large container with cold water. When the cooking time has passed, we drain the noodles in a colander and submerge the colander with the noodles in the bowl with the cold water. Let the noodles cool, you will see that the water is going to get cloudy because the starch is released from the noodles.
- When the noodles cool, leave the strainer under running water to eliminate the rest of the starch. When the water starts to come out clear the noodles will be ready for consumption. Laminate the mushrooms and mushrooms, chop the Chinese cabbage and chop the ginger.
- Heat a casserole with a little sesame oil and sauté the mushrooms, cabbage, and ginger for several minutes. Add the broth and a good splash of soy sauce. We bring the broth to a boil and cook several more minutes until the vegetables are ready.
- To serve the soup, place the soba noodles in bowls, top with the vegetable we have cooked and cover with the broth.
- When the broth has cooled a little dilute half a teaspoon or less in the bowls with the soup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 530 | Carbs: 90 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 34 g | Sodium: 2,226 mg | Sugar: 14 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.