This is one of those dishes that will wow everyone you serve it to. With the sweet and sour tang of mango and lime, the creamy avocado and the fresh taste of mint, it’s the perfect lunch. And of course, it’s also good for you. If you use 100 percent buckwheat soba noodles, you’ll have the most nutritional benefits. Buckwheat is fascinating because it contains the flavanoid rutin. That’s one reason why diets high in buckwheat have been tied to lower cholesterol. The mango adds more fiber, plus vitamins A and C.
Soba Noodle Salad With Avocado and Mango [Vegan]
2 - 3
Ingredients You Need for Soba Noodle Salad With Avocado and Mango [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 2/3 cup cubed ripe mango
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to Prepare Soba Noodle Salad With Avocado and Mango [Vegan]
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, agave, oils, and salt.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions, being careful not to overcook – you want them on the firmer side. Drain, then rinse very thoroughly with cold water until all traces of starchiness are gone, and drain again. (It helps to gently swish the noodles around a bit with your hands as the water runs over them.)
- Gently combine the noodles, dressing, avocado, jalapeno, mango, mint and scallions. Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.