This is a fresh, light recipe. Zucchini strips have a neutral flavor, add to the salad and contrast with the crunchy texture of asparagus and peas. It is a perfect combination, which transports us to the spring green at the first bite. This salad looks wonderful accompanied with tofu, but also looks great with millet or even alone for a lighter meal.
Snow Pea and Asparagus Salad [Vegan]
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cups of snow peas
- 1 1/2 cup of green asparagus, cut
- 1 zucchini cut in slices
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- mint leaves to taste
- In a skillet cook sliced onion in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add snow peas and asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove. Add lemon juice and mint leaves.
- Serve warm or cold.